Tuesday, November 18, 2014

How's Your Hearing?

Hearing new
When someone whispers, we listen intently. When Jesus spoke in the Scriptures, did they hear His message? Were they listening to see if His words affected them? In John 10, the Jews asked Jesus, “How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly”. Jesus answered them, “I told you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep”. Did you hear the past tense of His statement? I’ve already told you again and again! You heard me, but you refused to believe me! Well, which was it? Were they hearing? Were they listening?

Just two verses later the mystery is solved and revealed to us…

Jesus tells them: “My sheep hear my voice; and I know them, and they follow me”. This lays the matter to rest. Did you hear that? His sheep hear His voice! Now, how’s your hearing? Are you tuned in? Are you listening?

Bottom Line

Many people that ask for proof do so for the wrong reasons. Most of these questioners didn’t want to follow Jesus in the way that he wanted to lead them.

No comments: