Thursday, April 3, 2014

Crossing theThin Grey Line

Everyone has heard the story of Job and his patience dealing with hardship. Reading the Book of Job, one can outline Job’s position and his arguments. Probing questions dealing with weighty matters, or so he thought. When the poor man had exhausted himself seeking answers; God answered him personally.

“Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?” Job‘s foundation? Who controls the sea and its tides? Who regulates light and dark? Where are the hail, snow, and lightning stored? Who controls nature and all the animals? Who keeps the planets and stars in alignment?

Job only had one answer for the Lord. “I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.” Job 42

Job admitted he had been foolish. Are you using what you cannot understand as an excuse for your lack of trust? Just admit to God that you don’t have enough faith to trust him. True faith begins with humility. Would the message of the Book of Job change if God had not restored Job to his former blessings? No! God is still sovereign. Jesus said that anyone who gives up something for the kingdom of God will be repaid. (Luke 18:29-30) Our restoration may or may not be the same kind as Job’s, which was both spiritual and material. Our complete restoration may not be in this life—but it will happen.

Around the planet Saturn, there is a thin gray line circling the entire planet. Do you know who put it there? Do you know who keeps it there? You know people that have passed that line, but there are two who will pass it again. On their way back to earth! You can read about them in Revelation 11.

No comments: